Over time, the system becomes a lot of garbage, inhibiting the work of a laptop: unnecessary programs, temporary files, registry entries. You can clean the system and speed up its work with the help of built-in tools or special software.
System cleaning procedure
The main thing in cleaning the laptop from garbage – the regularity of the. If you have never tried to clean the system, then there will be so much extra data in it that you can forget about normal work. Many users immediately begin to think that the “iron” no longer pulls, and you need a new laptop or at least a complete reinstallation of the system.
Reinstalling the problem will solve, there will be no garbage left, but the system can be accelerated in a less radical way, not involving the removal of user data from the laptop. Even cleaning with built-in tools will bring a huge positive effect. But in order not to forget anything, let’s make a clear sequence:
- Cleaning the desktop. Delete unnecessary files and shortcuts of unused programs.
- Verification of documents, including downloaded torrents. A typical situation – downloaded the season of the series, looked, left dead weight on the disk. Delete – the more space, the faster the system works.
- Uninstall unused programs.
- Cleaning the disk from temporary files.
- Cleaning the registry using the program CCleaner.
- Check autorun list.
If the file is not deleted, use the Unlocker utility. It independently unloads from memory the processes that are busy with the file, helping to quickly clean the system of data that when deleted, give the error “Unable to delete. The file is being used by another program. ”
Try to have only really necessary applications installed on the laptop. It is better to clean the system from software “garbage” in order to make room and slightly increase performance. You can delete a program in several ways:
- Via the applet “Uninstall a program” in the control panel.
- Using your own uninstall file Uninstall.exe.
- Using the capabilities of the utility Revo Uninstaller (there is a free version).
The third option looks preferable because Revo Uninstaller removes the program completely, including deleting entries in the system registry. After a standard uninstall, traces remain that do not benefit the system.
- Run Revo Uninstaller. Highlight the application you want to uninstall and click “Uninstall”.
- Wait for the completion of the preparation. Then confirm the uninstall.
After removal, Revo Uninstaller will offer to clean the system of the remaining debris. Select a mode and click Scan.
The program will show the remaining files and folders. Select them and click “Delete.”
With advanced scanning, you can erase entries in the registry, so that the application will be destroyed without a trace.
Delete temporary files
The system accumulates a lot of temporary files, clogging up memory, which you need to get rid of.
- Open the “Computer”. Right-click on the disk you want to clean and go to its properties.
- On the “General” tab, click “Disk Cleanup”. Wait for the instrument to estimate the volume that can be released.
- Look at the list of files to be deleted, and click “Ok.”
The same operation can be performed using the CCleaner free cleaning utility:
- Launch CCleaner, the “Cleaning” tab will immediately open.
- Configure settings for cleaning Windows and individual applications. If you do not want to lose the log of visited sites in the browser, uncheck it.
- Click “Analyze” and wait for the scan.
See the result and click “Clean.”
When deleting temporary files, the Recycle Bin will be cleared, so make sure that there is nothing useful in it before you start cleaning the system. Additionally, you can clear the system files:
- Run the “Disk Cleanup” tool.
- Wait for the formation of the list of data and click “Clear system files.”
Formed another list of data that can be deleted. Among them will be the old updates, which sometimes take up a lot of space on your hard disk. After forming the list, click “OK” to perform the cleaning.
In the system registry also accumulates a huge amount of garbage – records of programs that have long been removed. If you uninstalled via Revo Uninstaller, then there will be no entries left, but it will not hurt to clean the registry in any case – there are still incorrect extensions or incorrect firewall rules. Manual deletion is out of the question: it is too long and dangerous – you can erase the wrong entry and get errors in the system. The registry should be cleaned using CCleaner:
- Launch CCleaner, open the “Registry” tab. Click “Find Problems” and wait for the scan to complete.
- Click Fix. You will be prompted to make a backup. You can opt out by clicking “No”, but the first time it is better to save the data. Click Yes and select a copy location.
- Click “Fix Selected” to solve all the problems found in the system registry.
If you have never performed a similar procedure before, you will immediately notice that the system has started to work faster and more stable.
To speed up the loading of the laptop, you need to clean the startup list. It adds programs that are loaded along with Windows. The more applications, the more time it takes to run them. To clean the startup list of garbage:
- Click Win + R, run the “msconfig” command.
- Click on the “Startup” tab.
- Uncheck programs that should not run with Windows. Be sure to leave the antivirus, other applications can be abandoned.
In the standard autorun list, you can only disable programs, but you cannot delete them. If you want to literally clean up autorun from garbage to speed up the system, use the program CCleaner.
- Run CCleaner. Go to the “Service” tab and open the “Startup” section.
- Select in turn the programs that have no place in the autorun, and click “Delete”.
Since you have opened the “Service” tab in CCleaner, use another convenient laptop cleaning feature – search for duplicates. Everything is simple here: start the search, see the result, highlight which version of the file you should get rid of (usually they are completely identical and created at one time), and click “Delete selected”.
After such a cleaning of the trash from the laptop, you will notice a serious increase in system performance. The main thing is not to let all the work down with an irregular cleaning. But too often, delete temporary files and clean the registry is not worth it: just clean the system 1-2 times a month.